If you are new to remodeling you may not be familiar with the process of getting your drawings approved by your building dept. Here are a few tips to get you started. The more organized and proactive you are at the outset the faster and less expensive your process will be.
- Requirements for Permit Plans vary by City. Find out what your city requirements are for your drawings.
- Does your project require a licensed professional to sign your drawings? If so, then it is best to contact professionals required by your building department first. In this case, it may not be possible to work with a drafter. Or the drafter may need to coordinate with an engineer to complete your drawings.
- We recommend that you get a copy of your local building dept.'s requirements and include them when you send out RFQ's.
- If you can provide rough sketches of your ideas, or detailed drawings to work from, this will save you time and money.
- If you are able to provide measurements and photos to assist your designer, that will also save you money.