Do I need a Land Survey or an Architectural Site Survey?

If you just want to locate your building, on a site plan, in relation to existing property lines then an Architectural Site Plan is probably all you need.  An Architectural survey relies on property line data from tax assessor maps. 

 If you need to determine what your actual property lines are, then you should hire a Land Surveyor. 

Posted - Nov. 6, 2013.  If you have questions about this posting please email:

Feedback and Knowledge Base